The *Best* Chocolate Chip Cookies E.V.E.R.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Today I decided I wanted to bake. It's been since my last cupcakes that I have done any sort of baking, so it was nice to get in the kitchen today. Little guy co-operated very nicely too. He took a nice long nap. :) These are seriously some good chocolate chip cookies. It's taken me years of trying different recipes to find one that I am really happy with the results. Lets get to it...

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes Approx. 7 Dozen
Original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
  • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed (I always make my own w/granulated sugar and molasses - just add as little or as much molasses as you like.)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour (or use 4 cups all-purpose flour)
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate or swirled)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F or 176°C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. (I add the flour 1 cup at a time and mix well). Stir in entire bag of chocolate chips.

Using a cookie dough scoop drop on lined cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 9-12 minutes.

If you want a chewy cookie, you'll want to take these out of the oven just as they begin to brown. If you want a crunchy cookie leave in for 11-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 -3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Since this makes so many cookies and kids are kids, I usually just put out 1-2 dozen on a tray and package the rest up for the freezer.



Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino