Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Last week a friend on twitter (her profile is private so I won't share her name, but she knows who she is ;) ) ordered a bread machine. She wanted to make cinnamon rolls so I pointed her to a recipe online that I use. Well, I should have looked at it closer. I do use that recipe but I make some adjustments and changes. So here is the actual recipe that I use to make cinnamon rolls.

You can make the dough just fine without a bread machine too, just do what you would normally do when making bread. If you need more specifics than that leave a comment and I'll walk you through it.


Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 rolls

Rolls

3/4 cup water, plus
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon bread machine yeast

Place above ingredients in bread machine & start dough cycle. Once the dough is complete, roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approximately 21 inches long by 16 inches wide.

Filling

1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon

Spread butter over dough then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll up tightly into a log beginning at the long end. Cut into 12 equal slices and place into a greased 9x11 pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake rolls for 20-25 minutes, until golden and puffy.

Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar (aka icing sugar)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp milk

Let rolls cool for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile combine ingredients for the glaze and then drizzle glaze over rolls. Serve warm.





Click above pictures to save and print recipe


I hope that your family enjoys these as much as my family does. If you have any questions or just want to say hi! please leave a comment. :)

Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Maritza said...

Yum! WHat if I dont have a bread machine like Em's? Must I do it with my hand then? Tx for sharing this yum recipe! Maritza

Krista said...

Maitza, yeah then you would have to do it by hand or if you have a kitchen aid mixer or something of that sort, you could use that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino