Banana Bliss Green Smoothie

Thursday, January 14, 2010



This is bliss! What a fantastic way to start your day or end your day for that matter. Once you give this smoothie a try you'll understand what I mean. Delicious and healthy - I love green smoothies. :)

Banana Bliss Green Smoothie

3 cups greens (I used a mixture of mixed greens and baby spinach)
2-4 ripe bananas (I used 2 today)
2 TB raw carob powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup of pure water

Instructions:
Blend all the ingredients together, pour into your favorite glass, get comfy and enjoy this calcium and magnesium rich smoothie.



Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Lori said...

What is carob powder and where does one buy it?

What kind of flavor does this smoothie have?

Krista said...

carob powder is like cocoa powder but it is caffeine free. You can buy it at a health store, or order online.

The smoothie tastes like a chocolate banana smoothie - very good. I couldn't really taste the cinnamon or nutmeg but it was fun to add & cinnamon is very good for us, so that's a bonus.

margaret said...

Oh dear, do not use kale as the greens in this smoothie! It's too coarse and made it more like a chunky. Next time I will try spinach or maybe even dandelion greens. :)

Otherwise, it was delicious! Thank you!

Krista said...

Margaret - did you blend your greens long enough? If you don't have a high powered blender (like blendtec or vitamix) it's often helpful to blend the greens first for a bit before adding the fruit.

Dandelion greens - I'm not a fan, I find them very bitter. I can only use in small amounts so find it better to use them in a salad or mix with other greens. That's just me though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino