Creamy Coleslaw

Wednesday, January 20, 2010



This is the only coleslaw I can get my kids to eat. I've tried store bought coleslaw, I've tried store bought coleslaw dressing and there is no way I can get the kids to eat it.  A friend of mine would make coleslaw and my kids would eat it - every time. Finally asked her how to make it and she said she didn't really have a recipe but she told me the ingredients. So I tried and tried until finally I got the right ratio of ingredients and now my kids will eat my coleslaw! :)  Here's the recipe so you can make it for your family too.

Creamy Coleslaw

1 package of shredded cabbage & carrots (coleslaw mix - you can do this yourself if you have a food processor. I don't so I buy a local brand of coleslaw mix.)
1 cup of salad dressing (Miracle Whip or other like brand)
2 TB vinegar
2 TB sugar

Rinse coleslaw mix under cold water & drain. Place in large bowl. Mix together salad dressing, vinegar, and sugar. Pour over coleslaw mix and stir til evenly coated.


Click to save & print


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino