Crock Pot French Dip Roast Beef

Wednesday, January 20, 2010



This recipe is so good and so easy! I put the roast in this morning around 9am and by 2pm the kids were asking how much longer before they could eat it. Once everyone was eating I don't think I heard any talking, just a lot of "mmm" and the occasional "this is so good mom!".  I made the sandwiches on homemade French Baguettes and it was delicious. If you have time, I recommend trying it that way, if not just purchase a really good quality roll to serve these on.  Hope you'll enjoy!

Crock Pot French Dip
Original recipe can be found here

3 1/2-4 lbs boneless chuck roast
1/2 cup soy sauce {I used tamari sauce}
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
3-4 peppercorns
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
water {I used almost 4 cups}

Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker. Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients. Pour over roast.
Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered. Cook, covered, on low for 7 hours or until very tender. Remove roast, reserving broth. Shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.


Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino