Crock Pot Lasagna

Sunday, January 17, 2010



Tonight for supper I made crock pot lasagna.  I think it was a year or two ago that I discovered that lasagna could be made in the crock pot; ever since then this is the way I have made it. It is so easy and I think just as good as the traditional way but without all the hassle.  Let me tell you how you too can make this easy lasagna.



Crock Pot Lasagna
Original recipe can be found here

1 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tsp dried oregano
12 ounces cottage cheese (I use 1%)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or asiago cheese
12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in pan. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano. Cook long enough to get it warm (You can also just use jarred sauce, which is what I did tonight). Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.

*Serve with salad and garlic cheese rolls*


Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark

7 comments:

Erin @thingsmomslike said...

Krista, this sounds SUPER YUM and I love when dinner is ready after being out all day! I may try it with Morningstar crumbles in place of the meat. Yum!

Lori said...

Oh Ive made this before! Delicious!

Simply Life said...

I love using the crock pot and never thought about it for this - looks delicious!

Sook said...

Wow lasagna in a crockpot! That would be a great Sunday meal for my fam since we go to church for like three hours and we are so hungry when we get home. :)

Marina said...

how many servings do you think this makes???

Krista said...

Marina - For our family of 5 we can eat the first night & 2-3 of us can have seconds and there will still be enough to have leftovers the next night.

I'd guess approx. 12 servings.

radmama said...

I wonder if this would work with other pasta? DD has been asking for lasagna and I never have time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino