Homemade Pizza Sauce

Thursday, January 14, 2010



I hate buying pizza sauce. It's so expensive for the amount they give you in the can or the jar.  So a couple of years ago I started experimenting with making my own pizza sauce.  This is what I came up with and we love it!  Hope you'll love it too.  This makes a lot of pizza sauce.  I use what I need and freeze the rest. Nice to have it on hand and not have to buy it.

Homemade Pizza Sauce

1 can roasted garlic tomato sauce (680ml/23oz)
1/3 cup of water
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp olive oil>
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Italian seasoning

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.


Click to save & print

Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

CrystalC2B said...

Sounds yummy! I will have to make and compare to my homemade sauce.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino