Mexican Greens Salad

Wednesday, January 13, 2010



This is the salad I made for lunch today. This is the first time I've made it, and while it is very good next time I'll add a little more Mexican seasoning. I was hoping it would have just a little more of a kick.  If you don't like spicy things then the recipe as written below should be just perfect. You can taste the spice but it doesn't bite you back . ;) Hope you'll try it and let me know what you think.

Mexican Greens Salad

4 big leaves of Romaine lettuce
2 Swiss chard leaves (stems & vein removed and reserved for juicing)
1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/2 small avocado, chopped
1/4 tsp Mexican seasoning (I mixed up the seasoning I use for tacos)
Dulse flakes or sea salt to taste

Instructions:
Chop the romaine and Swiss chard into ribbons, then transfer to a salad bowl. Mix the olive oil and the seasonings into the lemon juice and pour over the greens. Work the dressing into the greens with your hands to tenderize them. Add the red pepper and the cilantro and avocado and allow to marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino