Raw Tabbouleh Salad

Wednesday, January 13, 2010



This is the first time I have ever had Tabbouleh of any kind. I have to tell you I am hooked on this raw version. It is so incredibly good. Could it be the addition of cumin, maybe. ;) I love cumin. Really you have to try this even if you think you don't like Tabbouleh I think you should try this, just once. :) Tonight when I made it I was out of broccoli (I used it all in the broccoli soup!) so I just made it without and it was still fantastic.

Raw Tabbouleh Salad
Original recipe can be found here.

3/4 cup of cauliflower(the size of cous cous)
1/2 cup broccoli (the size of cous cous)
1/4 cilantro, chopped
1 Medium Tomato, diced
Juice of half a lemon
1.5 tsp. Cumin(or more to taste)
1 TB Olive Oil
Sea Salt(to taste)
Cayenne(I just used a pinch)
1 big handful baby spinach

Instructions:
I took a sharp knife and sliced from the top down so it would be very small like cous cous. If you have a food processor this may be easier that way. Put Cauliflower (and broccoli if using)in a bowl with cilantro, diced tomato, olive oil, lemon, cumin, sea salt, and cayenne to taste. Let it "marinade" for at least 10 minutes. Chop up spinach and toss with mix.
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Cook or Not to Cook Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino